Microbiome Life Sciences™
We specialize in microbial and molecular technology development for industry applications in the field of animal production, food processing and environmental treatment.
The Microbiome Life Sciences™ Pte Ltd (MLS) team is composed of microbiologists, molecular biologists and biotechnologists with a combined experience of more than 50 years in the development of in-vitro diagnostics for animals and human zoonotic agents as well as food and environmental contaminants. We develop its in-house formulation platform for biotechnology products.
MLS focuses on providing solutions for different industries like agriculture, aquaculture, food processing and waste treatment.
A solid team comprising of microbiologist, molecular biologist and biotechnologist specializing in applied research & development in Microbiomes, Metagenomics, and Fermentation Technology. With more than 50 years of experience in the laboratory, we have developed in-vitro diagnostics for animals and human zoonotic agents as well as food and environmental contaminants
The technologies and products, which were developed, commanded a wide range of applications in several industries. Notably in animal productions, crop plantations, food processing and waste treatment.
Our Significant Projects
- Developed Fast PCR-based kit to essentially detect fish pathogens (eg. Aeromonas, Edwardsiella, Vibtrio) and fish processing contaminants (ie Listeria, Salmonella).
- Developed On-site DNA/RNA detection kits for pathogens of pigs (eg, African Swine Fever Virus, Influenza Virus, PCV, PED, PRRS, EHEC/ETEC/EPEC), chicken (eg. New Castle Disease Virus, IBD, Coryza, ILT, influenza virus) and human (eg. coronavirus, influenza).
- Developed Field DNA testing kit for detection of food contaminants like Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter, and others.
- Microbial modulators of pig and poultry intestinal flora for improvement of growth and health.
- Microbial solutions to augment the microbial community of waste and wastewater